Stock may be acquired at the Annual Breed Sale or direct from breeders. Please contact the Breed Secretary for further assistance, such as a list of breeders, membership details, and any other information. Click here for important information when buying stock.
Dorset Down 2021 DDSBA Ram Breeders list
Why you should use a Dorset Down
- Superior converter of energy, requiring minimal inputs to produce export quality, early maturing lamb.
- High growth rates to E U R at 2-3 L at 18 kg carcase weight. Lambs will be finished at these specifications from 10 weeks.
- Can be used on Hill and Half-bred ewes with confidence, while difficult lambing cases can be eliminated.
- Ideal for extensive and organic farming systems, as well as conservation managed land.
- Stands up to weather conditions in any part of the British Isles.
- Crossed with the Half-bred ewe, lambs can be brought up to heavier weights for the store trade and still remain lean.
- Docile and biddable.